Positive Behaviour Support
What is Positive Behaviour Support?
Positive Behaviour Support is a specialised intervention which addresses behaviours of concern (also known as challenging behaviour). It aims to understand why you engage in such behaviour and how to support you to choose more appropriate alternatives.
The Positive Behaviour Support process can assist you, or someone you are supporting, to reduce the risk of these behaviours and achieve positive outcomes.
Our qualified practitioners will work closely with you, or someone you are supporting, and conduct the relevant assessments to develop a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) plan, with a focus on increasing quality of life, independence and community participation.
Here at Access4u, our team is led by specialised advanced practitioners with several years of experience in the field. We have extensive experience working with children, adolescents and adults, including those:
- with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) needs
- with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- with anxiety and/or depression
- with a brain injury or complex comorbidities
- with an intellectual disability
- with a forensic history or drug and alcohol related concerns.
What Type of Support is Provided?
At Access4u, we take a person-centred approach to address the underlying causes of the behaviour/s of concern. This process is known as a functional behavioural assessment, which then leads to developing a Behaviour Support Plan. This will be NDIS compliant if required.
The Behaviour Support Plan will outline proactive ways that we can meet your needs, and will improve the capacity and confidence of the people who may be part of your support system.
Together, we will:
- understand you or the person you support, the environment, and the behaviours of concern (and their triggers)
- identify ways we can prevent these behaviours being triggered
- work together on strategies
- work with family and carers, and other therapists (if applicable).
We will work with you every step of the way. It’s your choice and your life - we’re here to help!
Currently using another NDIS provider? You can choose to change providers at any time, as long as you follow the notice periods in your service agreement.
- Contact our friendly team by filling out the enquiry form or calling us on 1800 022 237.
- Discuss your individual needs, goals and preferences.
- We will pair you with an appropriate practitioner according to your individual needs.
- Confirm your preferred days/times for sessions.
- Sign relevant consent forms and service agreements.
Where is Positive Behaviour Support in My Plan?
Positive Behaviour Support is available to you if it appears in your NDIS plan under CAPACITY BUILDING (CB) Supports – Improved Relationships.
Where Is This Service Offered?
Like all of Access4u services, Positive Behaviour Support is available across metropolitan Adelaide, Mount Barker and the Fleurieu Peninsula. View our office locations here.
This service is offered in person at one of our offices or in your own home. We also offer this service via telehealth on a case by case basis. If you live in a remote or regional area, please discuss your options with our staff.
Do You Provide Other NDIS Services?
We sure do! Head to our services page to explore all of our supports.