Mentor - Job Description Are you passionate about making a difference? Want a rewarding and flexible career?We are seeking Mentors (also known as Support Workers), passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives to join Access4u, a leading not-for-profit…
Mentor - Job Description
Are you passionate about making a difference? Want a rewarding and flexible career?
We are seeking Mentors (also known as Support Workers), passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives to join Access4u, a leading not-for-profit organisation in the disability sector.
At Access4u, a Mentor is someone who works directly with people with a disability. Access4u Mentors provide physical, emotional, behavioural, social and personal support.
Mentors assist Access4u customers with a range of activities, including (but not limited to):
• day to day living tasks, including providing in-home support, assistance with shopping. And helping with household tasks and personal care activities
• developing life skills, by attending classes and exploring new hobbies
• providing emotional support and friendship
• enhancing opportunities for learning, skill development and independence
• mobility support
• transporting customers’ to appointments, social activities, etc, as required.
This job is flexible and involves weekday shifts, evening and weekend shifts.
What you will need to succeed:
• Excellent communication skills and active listening.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work with challenging behaviours.
• Highly motivated, resilient, persistent and patient.
• A positive attitude and highly customer service focused.
• An understanding of the NDIS and disability sector.
• Current NDIS Worker Screening Check and Working With Children’s Check (or willingness to obtain)
Demonstrated experience working with people within the disability sector will be highly regarded.
What’s on offer:
• The opportunity to be part of a growing organisation that values your professional development.
• A supportive team environment.
• A great work-life balance – you choose when you work!
About our team:
Access4u is a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation providing a range of supports & agreements with aligned service providers. We provide our clients with timely & tailored access, including Community Participation, Support Coordination, Housing Supports, Respite and Psychology amongst others.
As a value driven organisation, our value of admiration for the people we work with, the people we work for and their right to choice and inclusion is at the heart of everything we do.
We are fully committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our organisation grows.
Apply today! Email our HR advisor with your resume -
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact our HR Advisor, Hugh (
Access4u is a not-for-profit organisation that helps guide you through the NDIS to ensure the most optimal and effective outcomes for your ongoing objectives. From your coordinator to your mentor, Access4u works towards your personal goals whilst increasing independence and adding value to every life we support.
We make a difference by providing personalised care to every individual and their aspirations. Through working with a diverse group of service providers we can ensure support for you in a timely, innovative, and flexible way. View our NDIS supports here.